SSD7000 controller is only using ½ of the PCIe bandwidth
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Tutorial Videos & Installation Guides
FnL Product Line Determining PCIe lane assignment for your SSD7000 Controller MacOS Windows Linux SSD6200 Series Controller SSD7000 Series Controller RocketStor Series RocketRAID Series RocketU Series Motherboard Compatible Report Other Questions Standard Responses for Known Issues or Subjects WebGUI eStore
- Compatibility Reports
- Performance Report
- Workaround Issue
My SSD7000 controller is not performing well. According to the WebGUI, it is only using half of the available PCIe bandwidth. How can I resolve this?
SSD7000 controllers cannot control how much bandwidth is available – they are designed to make use of whatever is made available to them; in other words, what the motherboard has allocated to the card.
1. Check the motherboard’s user guide and BIOS menu, and see if any lane assignments settings are available for the PCIe slots. You may need to manually configure the slot to ensure it provides maximum bandwidth:
In the examples shown above, the PCIe slot’s default setting enables Bifurcation – this setting should be avoided Instead, specify x16 if available.
The ASUS BIOS interface show above allows customers to adjust the link speed for each slot.
2. Make sure the slot is capable of PCIe 3.0 x16 lanes (electrical). Depending on the motherboard design, a physical x16 PCIe slot may not actually provide x16 lanes of bandwidth.
3. If the motherboard settings are correct, and the PCIe slot appears to be operating the full x16 lanes, please run HWinfo to verify the PCIe lane assignment. HWinfo is a neutral, third-party utility that can be used to document and diagnose hardware configurations. Please generate a report, then open a new support case using the Web Support Portal.
How to use HWinfo and save a system report
- Go to the official website to download the HWinfo tool (click Free Download): https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
- Once the download is complete, install the software using the default settings:
- Run the software (click the Run button):
- Click Save Report and use the settings shown below:
- Open a support case using the Web Support Portal:
- Locate the report and upload this to your support case.