Is the ASUS X99 Deluxe compatible with SSD7000 Series NVMe RAID Controllers?
- Tutorial Videos & Installation Guides
FnL Product Line Determining PCIe lane assignment for your SSD7000 Controller MacOS Windows Linux SSD6200 Series Controller SSD7000 Series Controller RocketStor Series RocketRAID Series RocketU Series Motherboard Compatible Report Other Questions Standard Responses for Known Issues or Subjects WebGUI eStore
- Compatibility Reports
- Workaround Issue
Is the ASUS X99 Deluxe compatible with HighPoint SSD7000 Series NVMe RAID Controllers?
Compatibility Status: Compatible
Link to Compatibility Report: Link
Note: The compatibility reports we provide are based on research of the target platform / motherboard, using the manufacturer’s official specifications and product documentation.
Summary: The ASUS X99 Deluxe motherboard is capable of supporting HighPoint SSD7000 series NVMe RAID controllers. The motherboard is based on Intel’s X99 chipset, which is known to be compatible with our NVMe solutions. The motherboard BIOS provides UEFI modes that can support bootable or data RAID configurations.
Manufacturer Documentation: E9504_X99-DELUXE_UG_WEB.pdf (asus.com)
- PCIe Host Interface: The ASUS X99 Deluxe supports PCIe Gen3 (PCIe 3.0). It supports 28 and 40 lane CPU’s, and can support dual x16 lane PCIe confgurations.
- Boot RAID Support (NVMe arrays used to boot a system): The motherboard BIOS supports UEFI modes, and provides option ROM settings for UEFI devices.
- Data RAID Support (NVMe arrays used for data storage): There are no apparent restrictions for data-only storage configurations
- Recommended Controllers:
- Bootable Configurations: We would recommend the SSD7103 or SSD7202
- Maximum Performance: We would recommend the SSD7101A-1. If equipped with a 40-lane CPU, Cross Sync is possible (there are 3 PCIe x16 slots associated with the CPU, and they can be configured to operate at x16/x16/x8 lanes).
- Maximum Storage Capacity: Would recommend the 8-port SSD7140 (M.2) or SSD7180/7184 (U.2)