HighPoint RAID Management Suites
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Tutorial Videos & Installation Guides
FnL Product Line Determining PCIe lane assignment for your SSD7000 Controller MacOS Windows Linux SSD6200 Series Controller SSD7000 Series Controller RocketStor Series RocketRAID Series RocketU Series Motherboard Compatible Report Other Questions Standard Responses for Known Issues or Subjects WebGUI eStore
- Compatibility Reports
- Workaround Issue
SHI is especially useful for NVMe storage applications, as it allows users to monitor the temperature and the TBW (total bytes written) status of each hosted NVMe SSD.
- HighPoint RAID solutions utilize SMART technology to monitor the status of storage devices. The term “SMART” is an acronym (S.M.A.R.T) and refers to “Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology”. It was originally associated with hard disk drives, but has since been adopted by other types of storage media such as SAS/SATA SSD’s and NVMe SSD’s.
SMART data is conveyed to the user in the form of “attributes” – basically, the status of a particular hardware feature or condition (such as temperature, electrical statistics or errors associated with the drive’s behavior). SMART attributes provide a quick and simple way to check the status of a physical drive.
- Auto-Rebuild is supported by all HighPoint RAID solutions, and is a RAID Management feature that enables a RAID solution to automatically initiate a rebuild process in the event of a disk failure. This feature is critical for many applications, as it ensures a redundant RAID array remains secure when direct administration or maintenance is not possible.
- - Hot Replaceable refers to a RAID controllers ability to recognize and utilize drives added “on the fly” to address a critical array, without direct input from an administrator. HighPoint RAID solutions, with the exception of some NVMe products, will periodically rescan all active device ports to check for the presence (or absence) of storage media.
- – refers to the PCB architecture of the Performance Category of our RocketU (RU) series USB controllers. This architecture allocates a dedicated USB controller to each USB port to ensure maximum transfer bandwidth is available for each hosted USB device.
- the WebGUI management tool now provides 3 speed settings for the Hyper-Cooling system, including options to fully disable the fan for projects that require complete silence.
This feature is ideal for media and design applications that require low-noise or silent working environments, and platforms already equipped with robust cooling systems. Administrators can monitor temperatures of each NVMe SSD using HighPoint’s SHI technology (Storage Health Inspector), which can track the state of individual devices via SMART attributes, and adjust fan speeds on the fly to keep temperatures in check.
- –API (Application Programmable Interface) packages are available for OEM/ODM customers, and can be tailored to accommodate a wide range of products and solutions. Our API packages allow OEM/ODM customers to customize our WebGUI and CLI interfaces by altering the layout and feature set, and incorporate unique branding.