A disk has suddenly dropped offline
- Tutorial Videos & Installation Guides
FnL Product Line Determining PCIe lane assignment for your SSD7000 Controller MacOS Windows Linux SSD6200 Series Controller SSD7000 Series Controller RocketStor Series RocketRAID Series RocketU Series Motherboard Compatible Report Other Questions Standard Responses for Known Issues or Subjects WebGUI eStore
- Compatibility Reports
- Workaround Issue
I am using a HighPoint RAID or storage controller with a Windows operating system. A disk has suddenly dropped offline. What information will the FAE team need in order to help me resolve this?
If you encounter this problem, please submit a new Support Ticket using our Online Support portal, and provide the following information:
- Use the WebGUI’s Diagnostic tool to generate a set of logs and information files.
- Describe the system's activity at the time of the disk drop.
- The type of cable and/or enclosure you are working with (make, model)
- The type of hard drive/SSD you are working with (make, model)
- Hard drive or chassis cooling system (if applicable)
- Time of the error – this will be used as reference when FAE analyzes the logs created by the Diagnostic tool (step 1)
A video tutorial is available here.
Note: Your Personal/Business Data is Safe. HighPoint’s “1-Click" diagnostic feature only collects information related to the product’s hardware and software environment. This data will only be used to troubleshoot technical support issues submitted by customers, and will not be used to identify or track customer activity.