Windows BSOD – information collection for Troubleshooting and Support Tickets
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Tutorial Videos & Installation Guides
FnL Product Line Determining PCIe lane assignment for your SSD7000 Controller MacOS Windows Linux SSD6200 Series Controller SSD7000 Series Controller RocketStor Series RocketRAID Series RocketU Series Motherboard Compatible Report Other Questions Standard Responses for Known Issues or Subjects WebGUI eStore
- Compatibility Reports
- Workaround Issue
I have experienced a BSOD error (Blue Screen of Death) while attempting to install Windows to an disk or RAID array hosted by a HighPoint controller (SSD7000/7500, RocketRAID series). How should I proceed?
Please contact our Support team for assistance. Please collect the following information, and include this with your Support Ticket:
1) Take a photo of the BSOD, and look for the error code (this is displayed towards the bottom of the screen, often labeled as “Stop Code”.
2) What time did the error occur? Make a note of the time the BSOD occurred. Note, this does not have to be exact – it will used as a point of reference when our FAE team examines the logs you provide (see step 3).
3) If possible, boot the system using a separate Windows installation, and install the card’s device driver and WebGUI. Start the WebGUI and use the Diagnostic Tool tab. A video is available here.
4) Describe the error – at what stage of Windows setup was the error reported? What was the system doing right before the error occurred?
Note: Your Personal/Business Data is Safe. HighPoint’s “1-Click" diagnostic feature only collects information related to the product’s hardware and software environment. This data will only be used to troubleshoot technical support issues submitted by customers, and will not be used to identify or track customer activity.