Kernel panic in macOS When using a HighPoint RAID Solution
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Tutorial Videos & Installation Guides
FnL Product Line Determining PCIe lane assignment for your SSD7000 Controller MacOS Windows Linux SSD6200 Series Controller SSD7000 Series Controller RocketStor Series RocketRAID Series RocketU Series Motherboard Compatible Report Other Questions Standard Responses for Known Issues or Subjects WebGUI eStore
- Compatibility Reports
- Workaround Issue
I have experienced a kernel panic, freeze or system hang when using a HighPoint RAID product. How do I diagnose and resolve this?
If you encounter a kernel panic, lockup or similar issue while using a HighPoint RAID solution with macOS, please submit a new Support Ticket using our Online Support portal, and provide the following information:
- A screenshot or photo of the kernel panic.
- A brief description of the system's activity at the time of the kernel panic
- Time of the kernel panic – this will be used as reference when FAE analyzes the logs created by the Diagnostic tool (step 1)
- Use the WebGUI’s Diagnostic tool to generate a set of logs and information files.
A video tutorial is available here.
Note: Your Personal/Business Data is Safe. HighPoint’s “1-Click" diagnostic feature only collects information related to the product’s hardware and software environment. This data will only be used to troubleshoot technical support issues submitted by customers, and will not be used to identify or track customer activity.